Before using any of the Stagephod services, you are required to read, understand and agree to these terms. You may only create an account after reading and accepting these terms.
Your acceptance of these terms
Description of service
The Site is an online community which enables theater groups, theater artists, film makers, individuals to post images, post texts, post audios, post videoes, share comments, opinions and inspirations, promote their work, participate in contests and promotions, and access and/or purchase services from time to time made available on the Site (“Services”). Services include, but are not limited to, any service and/or content Stagephod makes available to or performs for you, as well as the offering of any materials displayed, transmitted or performed on the Site or through the Services. Content (“Content”) includes, but is not limited to texts, images, audios, videoes, user comments, messages, information, data, news articles, blogs and software.
Your access to and use of the Site may be interrupted from time to time as a result of equipment malfunction, updating, maintenance or repair of the Site or any other reason within or outside the control of Stagephod. Stagephod reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the availability of the Site and/or any Service and/or remove any Content at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice. Stagephod may also impose limits on certain features and Services or restrict your access to parts of or all of the Site and the Services without notice or liability. The Site should not be used or relied upon for storage of your content and you are directed to retain your own copies of all Content posted on the Site.
As a condition to using Services, you are required to open an account with Stagephod and provide your email as username and select a password, and to provide registration information. The registration information you provide must be accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your Stagephod account.
You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trade mark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are solely responsible for all activities resulting from the use of your password and conducted through your Stagephod account.
Services are available only to individuals who are either (i) at least 18 years old, or (ii) at least 14 years old, and who are authorized to access the Site by a parent or legal guardian. If you have authorized a minor to use the Site, you are responsible for the online conduct of such minor, and the consequences of any misuse of the Site by the minor. Parents and legal guardians are warned that the Site does display images containing nudity and violence that may be offensive to some.
The Services are for use by individuals who are creative. Accounts may not be opened by event managers, agents and other market intermediaries and entities who represent creative individual or sell their works. If you do not qualify for registration you are not permitted to open an account or use the Services.
All Content posted or otherwise submitted to the Site is the sole responsibility of the account holder from which such Content originates and you acknowledge and agree that you, and not Stagephod are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, or otherwise submit to the Site. Stagephod does not control user submitted Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Site you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by Stagephod. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services:
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any person;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Content that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright or other right of any person;
- For any purpose (including posting or viewing Content) that is not permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you use the Services;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Stagephod user;
- To create or transmit unwanted ‘spam’ to any person or any URL
- To create multiple accounts for the purpose of voting for or against users’ content;
- To post copyrighted Content which doesn’t belong to you, with exception of Blogs, where you may post such Content with explicit mention of the author’s name and a link to the source of the Content;
- With the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
- To artificially inﬂate or alter vote counts, blog counts, comments, or any other Service or for the purpose of giving or receiving money or other compensation in exchange for votes, or for participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of Services;
- To advertise to, or solicit, any user to buy or sell any products or services, or to use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent;
- To promote or sell Content of another person
- To sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- To report a suspected abuse of the Site or a breach of the Terms (other than relating to copyright infringement which is addressed under “COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS” below) please send written notice to Stagephod at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Site. Stagephod reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
Content submitted or made available for inclusion on the service
Please read this section carefully before posting, uploading, or otherwise submitting any content to the site. By submitting content to the site you are granting Stagephod a worldwide, non exclusive license to use the content and are representing and warranting to Stagephod that the content is owned or duly licensed by you, and that Stagephod is free to publish, distribute and use the content as hereinafter provided for without obtaining permission or license from any third party.
In consideration of Stagephod’s agreement to allow you to post Content to the Site and Stagephod’s agreement to publish such Content and for other valuable consideration the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby expressly and irrevocably acknowledged, you agree with Stagephod as follows:
You acknowledge that:
- By uploading your creative works to Stagephod you retain full rights to those works that you had prior to uploading.
- By posting Content to the Site you hereby grant to Stagephod a non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content in connection with the Services. This license will exist for the period during which the Content is posted on the Site and will automatically terminate upon the removal of the Content from the Site;
- The license granted to Stagephod includes the right to use your Content fully or partially for promotional reasons and to distribute and redistribute your Content to other parties, web-sites, applications, and other entities, provided such Content is attributed to you in accordance with the credits (i.e. username, profile picture, photo title, descriptions, tags, and other accompanying information) if any and as appropriate, all as submitted to Stagephod by you;
- Stagephod uses industry recognized software and measures to restrict the ability of users and visitors to the Site to make high resolution copies of Content posted on the Site. Notwithstanding this, Stagephod makes no representation and warranty that Content posted on the Site will not be unlawfully copied without your consent. Stagephod does not restrict the ability of users and visitors to the Site to make low resolution or ‘thumbnail’ copies of Content posted on the Site and you hereby expressly authorize Stagephod to permit users and visitors to the Site to make such low resolution copies of your Content;
- Subject to the terms of the foregoing license, you retain full ownership or other rights in your Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Content.
You represent and warrant that:
- You are the owner of all rights, including all copy rights in and to all Content you submit to the site;
- You have the full and complete right to enter into this agreement and to grant to Stagephod the rights in the Content herein granted, and that no further permissions are required from, nor payments required to be made to any other person in connection with the use by Stagephod the Content as contemplated herein;
- The Content does not defame any person and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other right of any person, or violate any law or judicial or governmental order.
- You shall not have any right to terminate the permissions granted herein, nor to seek, obtain, or enforce any injunctive or other equitable relief against Stagephod, all of which such rights are hereby expressly and irrevocably waived by you in favour of Stagephod.
Stagephod respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond promptly any claim that Content posted on the Site infringes the copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Infringement”) of any person. Stagephod will use reasonable efforts to investigate reports of alleged Infringement and will take appropriate action under applicable intellectual property law and these Terms where it believes an Infringement has taken place, including removing or disabling access to the Content claimed to be infringing and/or terminating accounts and access to the Site.
To notify Stagephod of a possible Infringement you must submit your report in writing to the attention of “Copyright Infringement” care of email@example.com and include in your report a detailed description of the alleged Infringement sufficient to enable Stagephod to make a reasonable determination. Please note that you may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) for misrepresenting that any Content is infringing your copyright.
If we remove or disable access to Content in response to a report of Infringement, we will make reasonable attempts to contact the user who posted the affected Content. If you feel that your Content is not infringing, you may provide Stagephod with a counter report in writing to the attention of “Copyright Infringement Counter Notification” at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include in your counter report sufficient information to enable Stagephod to make a reasonable determination. Please note that you may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that your Content is not infringing the copyrights of others.
If you are uncertain whether an activity constitutes Infringement, we recommended seeking advice of an attorney.
The Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Stagephod has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Stagephod is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Stagephod shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Release and Indemnity
You hereby expressly and irrevocably release and forever discharge Stagephod, its affiliated and associated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, independent and dependent contractors, licensees, successors and assigns of and from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, proceedings, liability, debts, judgements, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity which you ever had, now have, or hereafter can, shall or may have, for or by reason of, or arising directly or indirectly out of your use of the Site and the Services.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Stagephod, its affiliated and associated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, independent and dependent contractors, licensees, successors and assigns from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of (i) a breach of these Terms, (ii) Content posted on the Site, (iii) the use of the Services, by you or any person using your account or Stagephod Username and password, (iv) the sale or use of your Store Images, or (v) any violation of any rights of a third party.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Stagephod be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence or other Legal theory with respect to the site, the service or any content
- for any lost profits or Special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever,
- To provide substitute goods or services (however arising), or (iii) for any direct damages in Excess of (in the aggregate) $100.
Stagephod, Stagephod.com and other Stagephod graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Stagephod. Stagephod’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Stagephod. The images and icons available in the Stagephod icon pack may used by partners and third party sites in connection with providing appropriate links to the Stagephod Site.
Stagephod may terminate or suspend any and all Services and/or your Stagephod account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your Stagephod account, you may simply discontinue using the Services. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
It is your responsibility to remove all Content from your account prior to termination. Upon termination of your account Stagephod will automatically remove all Content posted to your account.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of the Terms and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Stagephod in any respect whatsoever. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. Stagephod shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Stagephod’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including “line-noise” interference). If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Stagephod may transfer, assign or delegate the Terms and its rights and obligations without consent. Both parties agree that the Terms is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of the Terms, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein.
Any claim relating to Stagephod’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the Udaipur, India without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to use of a Web Site.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
This document was last updated on Sep 5th, 2014